Councilmember Guidry serves as a member of the City Council’s Health, Education and Social Services Committee; the Sanitation and Environmental Committee; and the Disaster and Recovery Committee. In these roles, Susan is fighting hard to improve District “A” so that everyone can live safe, happy, healthy lives.
- Authorized Mayor to sign servitude agreements between CNO and Orleans Levee District for purpose of constructing floodwalls and levees, and otherwise strengthen the levee system along the Lakefront
- Authorized City’s Cooperative Endeavor Agreement to establish regional public safety communication system between Orleans, Jefferson, St. Bernard, and Plaquemines Parishes
- Urged state lawmakers to require nursing and senior-living center owners and developers to equip their facilities with on-site backup generators as a condition for accepting state tax credits
- Facilitated creation of good neighbor agreements between several Maple Street bars/restaurants and local residents
- Held public hearing to discuss State cuts to LSU Hospital System’s budget for mental health and substance abuse services
- Authorized extension of City’s contract with the LA Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals to provide animal control services for the City
- Authored legislation to address abandoned boats along Bayou St. John
- Sponsored major revisions to City’s domestic animal care and control laws
- Consistently votes to fund LSU Ag Center programs
- Received Louisiana SPCA 2011 Dorothy Dorsett Brown Humanitarian Award for the City Council’s promotion of humane animal control
- The City Council’s Sanitation and Environmental Committee reviews activities of the Sanitation Rangers; monitors contracts for collection and disposal; and monitors activities of environmental court.
- The City Council’s Disaster and Recovery Committee coordinates post-disaster and recovery activities.